Monday, March 15, 2021

Stupid Things I Have Done & Will Probably Continue To Do.

 

Once, Michael and I were traveling to Puerto Rico. We went to the wrong airport. The correct airport was about 15 minutes from our home. The INCORRECT airport was over an hour away. 

I rarely make strong opinionated comments. Once, I was having a casual conversation with my doctor about cars. We got on the topic of Corvettes and I laughed about how a lot of retired people have Corvettes and when they attempt to get out of their Corvettes, they make a loud "HMMMPHHH" sound while pushing off of the seat because the car is so low. That's when my MD told me he had a Corvette.

One day, I said that I never have gotten poison ivy. The next day, I had it over my arms and legs and it has been that way ever since. If I look at it, I get it.

My family and I went cabin camping. We walked to a beach that had a grassy area. Of course, that's where we decided to sit. The next day, we all had chiggers. Do not get chiggers where the sun does not shine.

I met one of my husband's bosses and his wife. I said something to the wife about how I admired her artwork. The wife informed me that I was referring to the boss' ex-wife - she was the one that did the artwork. 

When I was in high school, we were practicing sliding at softball practice. I had successfully slid into bases before, but to request sliding is a little different. It's an innate, subconscious ability? When it was my turn, I ran to first and headed to second, where I was supposed to slide. I did not. I kept going and rounded to third. At third, I slid upon command. I hit the base, tumbled over it and remember seeing sky-dirt-sky-dirt-sky and hitting the third baseline fence. Fortunately, I had borrowed my sister's sweatpants. As I lay looking up at the sky- we all had a good laugh and my sister needed new sweatpants. She wasn't thrilled about the new holes, but we still laughed. No use in friends who can't laugh at and with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment